TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Revised: September 2021
The Terms and Conditions is an agreement between you and Big Church Day Out for your volunteer placement and will highlight what is expected from both parties. It will also clarify what provisions and support will be in place for you during your time with us.
What you can expect from Big Church Day Out:
Induction and Training
Big Church Day Out will provide adequate induction on the work of Big Church Day Out, its staff, your volunteering role and the responsibilities of your role. This induction will include familiarising you with various policies and procedures as listed later in this agreement. You will be asked to sign to confirm you have read and understood various key documents, and you will also be made aware on how to locate them.
Your induction will also include meeting your supervisor and the staff you will be working with. You will be informed of what will be expected of you in the location that you are volunteering in, and receive induction regarding the general layout and facilities of the site.
Supervision, Support and Flexibility
You will be appointed a named person as your supervisor whilst you are in your post. You will have dedicated time with your supervisor to discuss your volunteering role and highlight any successes and problems. If you have any concerns about your posting you should direct them to your supervisor.
Your supervisor will explain the standards Big Church Day Out expects at our events and will encourage and support you to achieve and maintain them, whilst developing your volunteering role with us.
Big Church Day Out takes a strict view of Safeguarding and any issues are taken very seriously. You will be informed of the correct procedures for the disclosure of Safeguarding children and vulnerable adult protection concerns and the names and contact details of Big Church Day Out Safeguarding designated officers.
You will be given access to the current version of the Big Church Day Out Safeguarding Policy and be asked to read and confirm you have understood its contents prior to any placement.
Health and Safety
Health and Safety will be covered in your induction training and you will be given access to the current Big Church Day Out Health and Safety Policy. If you have any concerns about Health and Safety procedures, you should raise them with your supervisor.
Big Church Day Out is covered to provide adequate insurance cover for volunteers whilst undertaking voluntary work approved and authorised by us. If you have any questions about this insurance, please speak to the team manager about it.
Big Church Day Out aim to resolve any problems, complaints or difficulties you may have when you volunteer with us. In the event of an unresolved problem, we offer the opportunity to discuss the issues and address them wherever possible. You can speak to your supervisor about any issues you may have, but if the issue relates to them or any Big Church Day Out staff, you may wish to speak to the team manager.
Whilst you volunteer with Big Church Day Out, we will NOT cover your travel costs to and from your home to your placement. You are solely responsible for sorting out transport to and from the event.
Big Church Day Out will ask for card details in order to secure your place on Team. Nothing will be charged to your card unless you either don’t show for the event, cancel at the last minute (without good reason such as illness or family bereavement) or choose not to complete your shifts.
Big Church Day Out understand that circumstances do change so you won’t be charged unless you cancel within a month of the date you are due to serve, at which point you’ll be charged 25% of a gate price adult weekend ticket. If you cancel within two weeks of the date you’re due to serve you will be charged 50% of a gate price adult weekend ticket and if you cancel the week of the event or do not complete all your shifts on-site, then you’ll be charged the gate price of an adult weekend ticket which is £72.
We will warn you before we charge your card and you will NOT be charged anything when you apply to be on Team with us. Card details will be held securely by the card company and can’t be accessed by our Team.
If You are unable to attend the Event due to Covid19 (whether by being tested positive, or being required to isolate or because of travel or other restrictions preventing You attending), You will not be charged. We may request that You provide evidence in support. Please email [email protected] immediately if you are unable to attend the Event due to Covid19.
What Big Church Day Out will expect from you:
- To help Big Church Day Out fulfil its aims and objectives;
- To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability;
- To follow the organisation’s procedures and standards, including safeguarding, health and safety and equal opportunities in relation to its staff, volunteers and customers;
- To abide by the policies and procedures of the setting that you are based in;
- To familiarise yourself with all related policies and confirm that you have understood and read them;
- In the course of your volunteering you may come across confidential information about the organisation, its staff, and its customers. You must respect this confidentiality and not use the information for your own benefit or disclose the information, except where required or permitted to do so by law;
- To meet agreed time commitments and standards
- To have reviews with your supervisor as necessary, keeping them informed of your progress and of any issues that may arise;
- To provide referees as agreed who may be contacted, and to agree to an enhanced DBS check being carried out if this is deemed appropriate for your role;
Ending the Agreement
Big Church Day Out may find it necessary to end this agreement if any of the following are committed:
- Gross misconduct or insubordination
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Theft of property or misuse of the organisation’s equipment or materials
- Abuse or mistreatment of customers or co-workers
- Failure to abide by Big Church Day Out policies and procedures
- Failure to meet physical or mental standards of performance
- Failure to perform assigned duties satisfactorily
- Note that this list is not exhaustive
- It is a condition that you have the right to volunteer in the UK, and that you tell us immediately if this ceases to apply. If you do not have the right to volunteer in the UK then the BCDO will bring this agreement to an immediate end
This agreement is binding in honour only, is not intended by the parties to be a legally binding agreement, nor is it intended to create an employment contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party.